Sleep Training, Day 6 (Updated)

Jonathan continues to sleep through the night (yay, baby!), and Mommy keeps waking up at random times for no reason.  I don’t know if I think I’m sleeping too late or what the deal is, but I woke up 4 times last night.  I went right back to sleep, but it was still annoying.  I was even good and went to bed around 11!  I usually don’t get to bed until 1 because I’m watching TV!

I think we have the naps down.  Jonathan falls asleep with minimal fussing within about 15 minutes every time now, and sleeps for an hour and a half to two hours each time.  When I put him down for the night, our first wait time was 15 minutes, and he fell asleep in about 12 minutes, and didn’t cry as much as he had been the previous 5 days.  Still within the first wait period, though, so that makes me happy.

In other news, we got to visit with some friends today!  I used to work as a Family Readiness Support Assistant for a field artillery battalion on Fort Lewis (JBLM, whatever, it’s always going to be Fort Lewis in my head because I was fucking born there), and I made some AMAZING friends while working there.  I’ve been lucky because they’ve been here so long, and didn’t PCS after that brigade’s last deployment.  They don’t think they were lucky…they don’t know that I put some Korean juju on them to stay a little longer!  Anyways, they’re moving to Oklahoma at the same time we’re moving to Hawaii, so now I just want to hang out as much as possible before they leave!  We got to visit for a little while, which was SO NICE because I got adult conversation, Jonathan got to interact with other kids.  Jonathan was a little cranky butt, but I think that was because of the sheer number of kids!  Also, bless them, they love babies, but he can get overwhelmed really fast when everyone closes in on him really quickly.

Either way, we had a good day.  And now I give you the baby staredown:

I'm not blinking.  You blink.

I’m not blinking. You blink.

UPDATE: Oh, sweet baby Jesus.  Jonathan woke up an hour after he fell asleep (as I was writing this post actually, but I thought he was going to go right back to sleep) screaming bloody murder.  I started the waiting over after going in to pick him up for one second, but his screaming just intensified, so I picked him up and stuck a pacifier in his mouth and sat with him for a few minutes.  I know, bad Mommy.  I’m not supposed to do that, but I’m glad I did.  That kid passed some gas that would have made my husband proud.  He is now peacefully sleeping again, and I need to go to bed.  Good lord.  Note to self: make sure to work out all the gas tomorrow night.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s