A Busy Week

So I’ve been MIA since last week because we’ve been crazy busy.

First, the movers came to pick up our unaccompanied baggage last Wednesday.  It’s so difficult figuring out what to send, but here’s what we sent just in case anyone is PCSing soon and is looking for a list:

  • TV and TV stand
  • A couple of pots and a couple of frying pans
  • Kitchen utensils: I sent a spatula, can opener, ladle, and serving spoon.  I figure everything else can wait.
  • Rice cooker (hey, I’m Korean, it had to happen)
  • Crock pot (I am determined to start making crock pot meals to ensure we have a good home cooked meal each night)
  • Coffee maker (If you know me, you know I can’t live without coffee)
  • CD player because nothing’s worse than unpacking to complete silence.  It has a dock so I can plug my iPhone or iPod into it.
  • Small tool box
  • Towels
  • Linens for us and Jonathan
  • Shower curtain, liner, and hooks
  • Dish towel
  • Surge protector for the TV and anything else we’d be plugging into it.
  • Some of Jonathan’s toys
  • Clothing

A ton of other bloggers that I read recommended sending comforters and packing pillows in luggage, but I want new ones anyway, so that’s on the list of things to buy.  The same goes for a laundry basket.  We could use a new one because Jonathan’s is one of Paul’s really old ones, and it’s got dirt on it that I can’t seem to wash off.  Anyway, that stuff is gone, so now we wait for Paul to get home to get started on everything we’re putting in storage.  He gets home on Saturday, so shit’s about to get real.

Sometime after that, I was just crazy tired for like 4 days straight.  I’m not sure how the time slips away from me after Jonathan goes to bed, but I’m lucky to be in bed by 12:30 most nights.  I’m sure that once Paul gets home, this will get better since I won’t have as much to do after he goes to bed.  Besides, that bastard owes me for 7 months of shit-filled diapers, endless hours of lost sleep, and, more than anything, sleep training.  Because that shit was not easy.

On Thursday, we visited with a friend, and Jonathan and her daughter played around each other.  There’s no other way to describe it, they’re just not that interactive.  But I did manage to get some very cute pictures.  Both of our babies are adorable!

Happy babies!

Happy babies!

I had a wonderful early birthday lunch with my mother-in-law on Saturday, and Jonathan was so good the whole time we were there.  He sat in his high chair, and tried to either eat the table or just banged on it with his hands.  Because he’s classy like that.  My parents came over for dinner that night and were over all day on Sunday, but that’s normal.

Monday was by far the best day this week.  When I was pregnant, I was lucky enough to stumble across a truly awesome group of women who all had babies in September through What to Expect’s website.  In the last 8 months, we have all become fairly close.  There’s a huge group of us here in Washington, so we all met up at the Point Defiance Zoo in Tacoma for a day of zoo awesomeness.  The zoo was pretty amazing.  I can’t believe I had never been, and I’ll definitely buy an annual pass when we come back here.  All the babies were so good all day even though some of them missed a nap.  Jonathan tried to sleep a couple of times in the stroller, but something always happened to wake him up.  It wasn’t until we had been there for around 5 hours that he finally had enough, and even walking around wouldn’t calm him down, so we headed home.  Here’s a picture of all of us…as we were walking around, it really felt like we had taken over the zoo!

Baby Mamas taking over Point Defiance!

Baby Mamas taking over Point Defiance!

We got a rest day yesterday, and today we went to visit a friend of mine from high school.  Jonathan had fun playing kind of by himself, and her boys were just adorable.  Her oldest just loved Jonathan, and wanted to hold him and kiss on him, so that was super cute!  She lives right up the street from my mom, so I dropped in so she could see Jonathan really quick and I could feed him, and then we came home.

So life has been busy, and it’s probably going to get busier until we fly out, but in the meantime, I’m absolutely thrilled that Paul will be home in only 3 days!  And here’s hoping “reintegration” (it’s a deployment term, but I think it applies here, too, since Paul hasn’t been around Jonathan for 5 months) goes well!  I’ll update with how it goes!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s